Misconduct, Domestic Inquiry & Dismissal
This programme enables participants to understand and appreciate the functions and purpose of discipline and the applications of negative and positive approaches to handling disciplinary issue at the workplace.
Upon completion of this programme, participants will be able to understand what constitutes misconduct in employment, the disciplinary process and proper conduct of "Domestic Inquiries".
Participating members will also be exposed to the legal and non legal aspects of disciplinary actions including misconduct leading to dismissals,avoiding errors in disciplinary issues and the benefits of developing a harmonious working environment and fair labour practices.
Participants will be imparted with :
- Functions and purpose of workplace discipline
- What constitutes a misconduct
- Miscoduct related to - Discipline, Duty and Moral behaviour
- Positive and negative approaches to discipline and misconduct
- Employment Act 1955 provisions to industrial discipline and dismissals
- Condonations and disciplinary actions
- Domestic Inquiry Procedures
- Members and management decisions
- Workshop - Mock Domestic Inquiry
- Dismissals - Justfied / unjustified
- Termination of employment
- Court decisions on inquiries and dismissals
- Rights of employers and employees - disciplinary actions and termination
- Case study - Handling Misconduct
- Question and answers